MARITIME NEWS &
Views: 80 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-05-18 Origin: Site
There are many shipping routes from China to the United States, and there are many routes to choose from from different departure ports to different destinations.
From the perspective of ports in the United States, it is firstly divided into two routes, the east and west, from the east of the United States mainly to New York and Savannah, and can pass through the Panama Canal on the way. The departure point from the US West Port is often Seattle and Long Beach, and sometimes it will depart from Oakland, or Los Angeles, which depends on the actual route.
In this guide is divided into 4 parts：
U.S. Port Distribution
1. West American ports: LA/Los Angeles, LB/Long Beach, Oakland, San Francisco, Seattle, Tacoma.
2. East US ports: New York, Houston, MIiami, Savanah, Charleston.
Port of Los Angeles: Located in southwestern California, it is the largest container port in the United States. Most of the containers of Amazon sellers go to this port, which is now the most congested port. For example, ships such as EMC, ZIM, Maersk, and COSCO all call at this terminal.
Long Beach Port: It is adjacent to the Los Angeles terminal, and the congestion will be less than that of Los Angeles. Compared with Los Angeles, the Long Beach Port is smaller. The independent terminal of Mason Steamship is here.
Port of Oakland: Also located in California on the east coast of San Francisco Bay, it is the fourth largest container port in the United States.
Port of San Francisco: On the west bank of San Francisco Bay, also known as the Port of San Francisco, it is one of the three major natural ports in the world.
Port of Seattle: In the northwestern United States, the western port of Washington State, is the second largest container port in the United States.
Port of New Jersey: Located at the junction of New York and New Jersey, at the mouth of the Hudson River and the Atlantic Ocean.
New York Port: One of the world's largest natural deep-water harbors, northeast of the Hudson River. It is the third largest container port in the United States. Most of the Amazon sellers from China to the US east route to this port.
Port of Houston: In southeastern Texas, in the northwestern Gulf of Mexico. It is the largest port in the southern United States.
The US-West routes generally start from Chinese ports (Yantian, Hong Kong, Xiamen, Ningbo, Shanghai, etc.) and arrive at various ports in the US and West via the Pacific Ocean.
ZIM express sea shipping line
The ZIM ZEX is a direct China-U.S. express sea shipping line developed by Israel ZIM Shipping Company. It is one of the fastest shipping line from South China to Los Angeles in the United States.
1. ZIM ZEX-It only takes 12 days from Shenzhen to LA directly;
2. ZIM ZX3-It only takes 14/16 days from Ningbo/Shanghai to LA directly; it only takes 11/13 days for Ningbo/Shanghai to reach OAKLAND directly.
Advantages of ZIM ZEX
1. Express sea shipping line, and goods shipping from China to USA can arrive in about 12 days.
2. There is no need to make an appointment to pick up the container within 24 hours after arrival, and enjoy the priority service after unloading. You can go directly to the trailer and take the dedicated lane to avoid queuing.
3. Can quickly connect railroads to other destinations in the United States, such as: Chicago, Memphis, Dallas, Kansas and New York.
Matson express sea shipping line
The Mason CLX Express line was established in February 2006, and Mason CLX+ released in 2020, mainly serving goods shipping from East China and North China. With its dedicated terminal at the Port of Long Beach in the United States, as well as two unique out-of-port storage yards and a fast pick-up mode without appointment, it has created a maritime highway for the majority of Chinese and American cross-border sellers.
Advantages of Matson CLX
1. The shipping delivery time is fast, it usually takes 11 to 12 days from China port to USA port, It only takes 11 days for Shanghai to reach LA directly; and it only takes 12 days for Ningbo to reach LA directly.
2. Matson has its own port and unloads quickly. The container can be picked up within one or two days after arrival at the port. This advantage is particularly significant during the peak shipping season. After all, other express sea shipping lines take up to a week to unload at the port.
3. The shipping schedule is fixed, twice a week, which is convenient for sellers to make shipping plan. Whether you send it or not, it ships on schedule.
4. Matson CLX and CLX+ have 1 day shipping time interval, it ensures the seller a double insurance for fast shipping.
The CMA express sea shipping line belong to the French CMA CGM Group, and it is the star sea shipping line from Shanghai to the Southwestern United States (Los Angeles/Long Beach).
1. CMA EXX-is a express sea shipping line that has been promoting in recent years. The configured shipping space is 3500～5000TEU, and it only takes 11/12 days for Shanghai/Ningbo to reach LA directly;
2. CMA EX1——The configured ship container position is 5500～7500TEU, and it only takes 14/11 days to reach LA directly from Shanghai/Busan.
Advantages of CMA EXX
1. The shipping time is similar to ZIM (about 12 days).
2. CMA EXX Express will mark time-sensitive goods with a “priority goods” mark and enjoy a money-back guarantee.
3. It has a dedicated container yard and a dedicated passage for trucks in LA Port, and the cargo can be quickly unloaded and departed from the port.
The EXX ports are Ningbo, Shanghai, Los Angeles, Yokohama, and Busan. Starting from August 23, the shipping line available once a week.
【There are two routes in the US East Route】
One is westbound, crossing the Strait of Malacca, then through the Suez Canal to the Mediterranean Sea, and finally through the Atlantic Ocean to the eastern United States. The other is eastbound, through the Pacific Ocean, then through the Panama Canal to the Atlantic Ocean and then to the eastern port of the United States.
At present, there are two routes, and large container ships can only go through the Suez Canal. The water level of the Suez Canal is deep, and there is no need to raise the water level. In theory, a cargo ship with a maximum capacity of 250,000 tons can pass, and the maximum draft is 20 meters. And with 50% OFF, the toll is cheaper, making more boats choose this route. There is a kind of ship called Suezmax container ship with a maximum load of 150,000-160,000 tons, a length of less than 274 meters, a width of not more than 48 meters, and a full-load draft of less than 17.3 meters.
The largest ship type allowed through the Panama Canal is 76,000 tons. The length of the ship should be less than 245 meters, the width of the ship should not be more than 32.2 meters, and the maximum allowable draft is 12.04 meters. Because the central part of the Panama Canal is relatively high, and the water level is 26 meters higher than the Pacific Ocean and the Atlantic Ocean, there are 6 locks in the entire canal to allow ships to pass through the canal by artificially raising the water level, which is time-consuming and the toll is much more expensive.
STU Supply Chain is international logistics & freight forwarder in China. We are licensed NVOCC operator, FMC, WCA, WIFFA member and have been devoting to offer reliable, efficient and customized logistics solutions for clients for 10 years. Our loading point and warehouses cover all south and north areas in China. If you need the shipping services, please contact us, thanks.