NEWS & BLOG
Views: 25 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-06-30 Origin: Site
Maersk and Hapag-Lloyd respectively announced yesterday (29th) that a peak season surcharge will be imposed on the Port of La Spezia, and a congestion surcharge will be imposed on the ports of Le Havre and Fos.
Maersk said that due to the current emergency situation at the Port of La Spezia, in order to continue to serve customers globally, Maersk is imposing a peak season surcharge on all import and export trucks entering and leaving the Port of La Spezia.
- Peak season surcharge: EUR 150
- Effective Date: July 1, 2022.
- Validity period: further notice.
Hapag-Lloyd said congestion had reached critical levels due to the French ports of Le Havre and Foss. As a result, a congestion surcharge will be levied at both ports. This surcharge applies to all import and export truck carrier shipments of all container types.
Details of congestion surcharge are as follows:
- Non-FMC Effective Date: July 1, 2022 until further notice
- FMC Effective Date: August 1, 2022 until further notice
- 25 EUR for all import and export trucking of all box types