NEWS & BLOG
Views: 38 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-10-18 Origin: Site
Shipping container as multimodal international logistics transport tools, its application of the field is more and more extensive, involving more and more industries. For the transport of some special goods, there is a kind of side opening container, whose door is opened on the side of the container, for some occasions, the container opened from the side is more practical than the container opened at both ends. Side opening containers are designed to meet this demand. In this article we tell you all you need to know about this versatile side-opening container.
The shipping container has undergone a considerable number of modifications and innovations since its invention. These have been designed to increase the types of goods that can be transported in a freight container, as well as to improve its functionality in the transport of goods and other uses. One of these clever modifications was the addition of side opening doors.
Open side containers are very similar to standard containers. open side containers have the same characteristics as standard containers, the only difference is that they also open on the side.
Open side containers also have a high cube, which is one foot taller than standard containers. For example, they have an internal height of 9 feet 6 inches instead of 8 feet 6 inches. The extra space comes in handy if you need to load or store particularly tall items.
· Easy to load and unload - especially when using a forklift or pallet truck. Forklift trucks or trucks can be driven in, placed and stacked without too much effort.
· Access for oversized items - openside containers are fitted with larger doors, providing enough space for oversized items that would not fit through a normal container.
· Better access to stored items - due to the back-to-forth loading method of a regular container, accessing goods that are loaded first requires moving the front items out of the way to reach them. With side-opening containers, the goods loaded first do not have to come out last, making retrieval of items quick and efficient.
· Better utilisation of containers - side doors also help to increase the utilisation of sea containers, as the container can be divided into two or more sections to serve as multiple cafes, shops or offices.
Due to their versatility, side opening sea containers can be used for a variety of purposes, these include:
· Storage - Side opening containers are perfect for on-site storage as they offer a larger opening for storing large items, and the easy access to the goods makes organising, storing and retrieving items a quick and easy task. This, combined with the robust and secure construction of the shipping container, makes it the perfect storage facility.
· Transport - With all the features of a regular container and the added benefit of side opening doors, the side opening shipping container is ideal for transporting both general cargo and bulky goods. The side doors offer a better option for loading and unloading.
· Conversions - These containers are also ideal for conversions. Some popular conversions include turning them into homes, sheds, offices, cafes, pop-up shops and much more. For conversions where robustness is not a priority, more aesthetically pleasing doors such as sliding glass doors or even roller shutters can be used.
Features of Open Side Shipping Container
· High-quality steel construction that provides the toughness and durability you've come to expect from shipping containers
· Water-sealing on all doors to keep the goods inside dry and vermin-free
· Solid, marine-quality timber floors
· Standard doors that open the full 270 degrees
· Large side doors for easier access and loading large items
· Heavy duty shelves ideal for goods storage
· Security lock boxes
We provide full container and LCL ocean freight service from China to USA, and provide buyer consolidation service, also provide China to USA (DDU or DDP), USA basic ports and inland points can be reached, especially USA IPI inland points. We can ship from Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Ningbo, Xiamen, Qingdao, Tianjin and other ports, and provide one-stop logistics services such as trailers, export customs clearance and booking. We have overseas warehouses in the United States and Canada, and can provide Amazon FBA first-haul shipping, one-off shipping, FBA intermediate transfer warehouse and other services.
We can provide Open Side Shipping Container (40'HCOS) to meet the needs of our customers for overweight and bulky cargo transportation. Pls contact us if you need.